The second new offering in the ME series is the ME-20B, a powerful multi-effects unit optimized for live performance. With the same performance-based design as its guitar-focused ME-20 counterpart, the ME-20B is aimed at the performing bassist who wants stage-friendly effects and solid construction at an affordable price. Mix, match, and customize a wide variety of effects, including compressor, overdrive, distortion, T-Wah, phaser, flanger, chorus, delay, reverb, defretter, synth, and more.
- Performance-based bass processor for the player who wants an easy-to-use interface with Boss tone and quality
- New super-tough metal chassis with 3 footswitches, 5 realtime control knobs, and expression pedal
- EZ Edit for quick sound creation
- Unique effects such as Synth, Octave, Defretter, and more
- BASS ENHANCE function for instant presence boost
- 30 user memory locations in addition to realtime operation
- Battery or AC powered
Audio & Video
ME-20B Bank 1, No. 1
Compressed sound suitable for picking.
ME-20B Bank 1, No. 2
Expansive sound with chorus and delay.
ME-20B Bank 1, No. 3
Fat overdrive sound.
ME-20B Bank 2, No. 1
Funk sound, great for slap bass.
ME-20B Bank 2, No. 2
Fretless sound, perfect for finger picking and use of rear pickup.
ME-20B Bank 2, No. 3
Flanger sound that works well with picking.
ME-20B Bank 3, No. 1
Bright sound, suitable for slap bass.
ME-20B Bank 3, No. 2
Chorus and octave sound, suited for finger-picked solos.
ME-20B Bank 3, No. 3
Fat synth bass sound.
ME-20B Bank 4, No. 1
Chorus sound suitable for slap solos.
ME-20B Bank 4, No. 2
Overdrive sound featuring sound pressure punch.
ME-20B Bank 4, No. 3
Laid-back sound featuring overdrive with phaser.
ME-20B Bank 5, No. 1
Bright sound suitable for finger picking.
ME-20B Bank 5, No. 2
Psychedelic sound combining distortion, phaser, and wah.
ME-20B Bank 5, No. 3
Synth bass sound, doubled an octave below.
ME-20B Bank 6, No. 1
Sound using a defretter to simulate a wooden bass sound. Recommend to play with palm muting.
ME-20B Bank 6, No. 2
Natural overdrive sound.
ME-20B Bank 6, No. 3
Flanging sound, good for solos.
ME-20B Bank 7, No. 1
Slap sound, good for funk rock.
ME-20B Bank 7, No. 2
Drive sound with heavy whirling phaser effect.
ME-20B Bank 7, No. 3
Conventional distortion sound.
ME-20B Bank 8, No. 1
Mild tone that works well with finger picking.
ME-20B Bank 8, No. 2
Funk sound featuring a light, floating feel, good for slap play.
ME-20B Bank 8, No. 3
'70s funk sound using synth bass.
ME-20B Bank 9, No. 1
'60s soul sound.
ME-20B Bank 9, No. 2
Funk sound suitable for finger picking.
ME-20B Bank 9, No. 3
Wild distortion sound, good for playing solos.
ME-20B Bank 10, No. 1
Deep, dense sound using octave effect plus reverb.
ME-20B Bank 10, No. 2
Delay sound suitable for playing rhythm.
ME-20B Bank 10, No. 3
Wah sound, good for slap.
- AD Conversion
- 24-bit + AF method (*)
- DA Conversion
- Sampling Frequency
- 44.1 kHz
- 30 (user)
- Nominal Input Level
- INPUT: -10 dBu, AUX IN: -18 dBu
- Input Impedance
- INPUT: 1 M ohm, AUX IN: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 2 k ohms
- 7 segments, 2 characters LED
- SFX/1 pedal, COMP/2 pedal, DELAY/3 pedal, Expression pedal
- INPUT jack (1/4 inch phone type), AUX IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type), OUTPUT jacks L/MONO, R (1/4 inch phone type), PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4 inch phone type), FOOT SW jack (1/4 inch TRS phone type), AC Adaptor jack
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V: Dry battery LR6/R6 (AA) type x 6, AC Adaptor (PSA series: Optional)
- Current Draw
- 90 mA * Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: 13 hours, Carbon: 3.5 hours (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
- Owner's Manual, Dry battery LR6 (AA) type (alkaline) x 6, Roland Service (Information Sheet)
- AC Adaptor: PSA series, Footswitch: FS-6, FS-5U, Connection Cable: Roland PCS-31 (Stereo 1/4 inch phone plug - 1/4 inch phone plug x 2)
- Size and Weight
- 294 mm
- 11-5/8 inches
- 179 mm
- 7-1/16 inches
- 54 mm
- 2-1/8 inches
- 1.6 kg
- 3 lbs. 9 oz.
- (*) AF method (Adaptive Focus method) This is a proprietary method from Roland that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of the A/D and D/A converters
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.