The Boss SYB-3 was the world’s first bass synthesizer to be packed into a compact pedal, and it found favor with experimentalists and tone aficionados alike. Today, the next-generation bass-synth pedal has arrived: the SYB-5. Utilizing the latest in DSP technology, the SYB-5 faithfully reproduces the classic sound characteristics of analog synthesizers with enhanced punch and power.
- 11 DSP variations of saw, square, and pulse synth waves
- Enhanced Wave Shape mode provides sharper sounds
- Hold notes with the onboard pedal and jam over the top
- Control filter cutoff and LFO rate via EV-5 Expression Pedal (sold separately)
Audio & Video
- Nominal Input Level
- -20 dBu
- Input Impedance
- 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- -20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- 10 k ohms or greater
- Residual Noise
- -96 dBu (IHF-A, Typ.); All knobs at center position
- Input jack, Output A (MONO) jack, Output B jack, EXP jack, AC adaptor jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V: Dry battery / 9 V type (6F22 (carbon), 6LR61 (alkaline)), AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional)
- Current Draw
- 50 mA (DC 9 V)
- Owner’s Manual, Mode Label, Dry battery / 9 V type (6LR61)
- AC Adaptor (PSA-series), Expression Pedal (Roland EV-5)
- Size and Weight ( incl. battery )
- 73 mm
- 2-7/8 inches
- 129 mm
- 5-1/8 inches
- 59 mm
- 2-3/8 inches
- 0.4 kg
- 1 lbs.
- * 0 dBu=0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Durable pedal for controlling a wide range of effects parameters.
The BOSS BCB-30 Pedal Board is a convenient way to set up and transport all your compact effects.
The Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board is a convenient way to set up and transport all your compact effects.
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.