- Powerful Guitar/Bass-MIDI interface ideal for turning your favorite synthesizer or MIDI module into a guitar synth
- Built-in USB MIDI port for computer connection
- Easy, knob-based controls and dedicated buttons for fast, intuitive operation
- Patch Memory lets you store user settings including “Play Feel, “Transpose/Mute” settings for each string, and Bank Select/Program Change messages for live performance
- Perfect size and configuration for use with Roland XV-2020 Synthesizer Module
- Flexible Transpose functions + 2 / - 3 octave with optional footswitch control
Guitar and Bass Synthesis Made Easy
Using a guitar or bass equipped with an optional GK-3, GK-3B or other 13-pin divided pickup, the GI-20 can be used to trigger virtually any MIDI-compatible synthesizer or sampler, as well as outputting your “natural” guitar sound for amplification.
Perfect for Computer Recording Setups
Thanks to its convenient USB MIDI port, the GI-20 lets you quickly connect your GK-equipped guitar or bass to a variety of computer-based recording systems.
- 2 characters, 7 segment LED
- GK IN, FOOT SW, EXP PDL, GUITAR OUT, MIDI IN, MIDI OUT, USB, DC IN
- Power Supply
- DC9V; Supplied AC adaptor (ACI or ACB series)
- Current Draw
- 450 mA
- AC Adaptor, GK Cable (3m), MIDI Cable, Owner's manual, CD-ROM (USB driver), Foot Rubber x 4
- Divided Pickup: GK-2A (for guitar), GK-2B (for bass), Gk Cable: GKC-3/5/10 (3/5/10 m), Footswitch: BOSS FS-5U, Connection Cord: PCS-31, Expression Pedal: EV-5, Rackmount Adaptor: RAD-50, MIDI Foot Controller: FC-200, Foot Controller: GFC-50, Unit Selector: US-20, GK Parallel Box: GKP-4
- Size and Weight
- 218 mm
- 8-5/8 inches
- 237 mm
- 9-3/8 inches
- 44 mm
- 1-3/4 inches
- 1.3 kg
- 2 lbs. 14 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Allows for mounting two half-rack sized devices side-by-side into a single rack space.
Attach the GK-3 Divided Pickup to any steel-stringed electric guitar and expand your sonic palette.
Divided Bass Pickup
Bass players looking to expand their tone palette won’t want to miss Roland’s new GK-3B pickup.
Connects GK-compatible guitar gear
Durable metal footswitch available in latching and unlatching types.
Two switches in one, Boss’s new FS-6 combines latch- and momentary-type switching into one unit.
Durable pedal for controlling a wide range of effects parameters.
Low-impedance volume pedal for keyboards or for connection after effects units.
Tank-tough diecast pedals designed to meet the needs of the most demanding players.
A floor pedal unit that allows a GK-equipped guitar to control and switch between two GR-compatible devices.
A roadworthy foot controller for Rolands VGA-Series V-Guitar Amps.
A divided pickup for electric and steel-stringed acoustic guitars.
A divided pickup for 4-, 5-, and 6-string bass guitars.
GK Parallel Box
Allows guitarists to use multiple GK devices simultaneously.
AC Power Adaptor
AC Power Adaptor
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.