The BOSS GT-5 is a powerful floor-based multiple effects unit, developed in pursuit of the largest possible effects variety and highest possible sound quality. The GT-5's stunning preamp section employs Roland's COSM (Composite Object Sound Modeling) technology for emulating the best guitar amps in history. The GT-5's COSM technology also allows guitarists to play entirely new, synth-like sounds with guitar-based dynamics
- Floor-based guitar effects processor/preamp with large variety of both traditional and cutting-edge guitar effects, including chorus, tap tempo delay, reverb, harmonist, "humanizer" and acoustic guitar simulator (28 effects total)
- Up to 13 simultaenous effects w/ programmable effects order
- 150 presets, 100 User Patches, fully MIDI compatible
- COSM-based preamp allows for selection from a variety of computer-generated amplifier "models," speaker configurations and mic placements
- Harmonic Restructure Modeling (HRM) provides a wealth of new synth-like sounds with guitar-based dynamics (monophonic)
- Innovative functions such as "sound on sound" recording, auto fade in/out and "Quick Settings" for instant effects tailoring
- LCD and rotary dial for quick editing, built-in expression pedal and tuner
- Rugged metal casing, built to withstand the rigors of touring
- Note that this product is no longer in production. Similar capabilities can be found in the GT-6 Guitar Effects Processor.
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.