- COSM Overdrive/Distortion Modeling pedal with 22 killer stompbox models including 6 all-new tones
- Models classic and modern overdrive/distortion pedals like Boss OD-1 and MT-2, plus many other vintage and boutique pedals
- Attack Shape control adjusts overdrive's response dynamics to your playing
- Heavy Octave parameter creates sounds one octave below notes played on the 4th string, 4th fret and lower-great for heavy, single string riffs!
- 4 User memories for storing custom settings; also has Manual mode for realtime changes
- Line output with Amp Simulator; also works as headphone output
- Amp Control jack for switching amp channels from the OD-20
- Boss 5-year warranty
Thanks to COSM technology, the OD-20 can faithfully recreate the sound of the most popular overdrive/distortion pedals in history. You get all the BOSS classics like the OD-1, DS-1 and MT-2, plus boutique pedals and many other classics—22 in all! There’s also six new overdrive and distortion sounds ranging from mellow crunch to bottom-heavy distortion and screaming metal.
New “Attack Shape” and “Heavy Octave” Knobs
Using Attack Shape, guitarists can adjust the overdrive model’s response to match their playing. So if you’re really digging into the strings, the OD-20 will be right there with you. There’s also a new Heavy Octave control which produces low octave sounds for any notes played below the fourth fret of the fourth string—great for simulating thick 7-string type sounds heard in modern rock music.
Audio & Video
- Nominal Input Level
- –20 dBu
- Input Impedance
- 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- –20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- 10 k ohms or greater
- Dynamic Range
- 102 dB (IHF-A typ.)
- Power Indicator (serves also as battery check indicator), EFFECT ON/OFF Indicator, MANUAL Indicator (1 to 4)
- INPUT, AMP CTRL, LINE OUT/PHONES, OUTPUT, AC Adaptor (DC 9V)
- Power Supply
- DC 9V: Dry battery (AA type) x 6, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw
- 85 mA (9V max.) (Expected battery life under continuous use; [Carbon: 8 hours], [Alkaline: 20 hours] These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)
- Dry battery (AA type) x 6 (We recommend that alkaline batteries be used when replacing the batteries.)
- AC Adaptor: PSA series, Footswitch: FS-5U, Pedal Switch: DP-2 (Roland)
- Size and Weight ( incl. batteries )
- 173 mm
- 6-13/16 inches
- 158 mm
- 6-1/4 inches
- 57 mm
- 2-1/4 inches
- 1.1 kg
- 2 lbs. 7 oz.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.