Making music on laptops and iPads is becoming increasingly popular but often people don’t think about the quality of their audio interface (if they have one at all.) As with life itself, you only get out what you put in, so it pays to use an audio interface that supports, rather than hinders, the music making process.
The DUO-CAPTURE mk 2 is a lightweight, compact audio interface that’s easy to carry around – ideal if you're recording or producing music on the go. You don’t have to worry about annoying power supplies either as the DUO-CAPTURE mk2 is powered by your laptop using USB bus power. Connection is simple too: all you need is a standard USB cable.
Audio interfaces need to be fast and Roland’s audio technology virtually eliminates latency. In music production systems, latency is usually described as the delay between you playing a sound and hearing it: it’s measured in milliseconds so the lower the number, the better. The DUO-CAPTURE’s latency is among the lowest around, well under the time where latency is noticeable. You also get versatile connections that can accommodate a variety of musical equipment such as guitars, keyboards and microphones.
As it’s designed to be simple, the DUO-CAPTURE mk2 has just the right number of buttons and knobs to get the job done - perfect if you’re just starting out. More seasoned producers will appreciate a robust, no-frills interface with low-latency speeds. You can also connect to an iPad via Apple’s iPad camera connection kit and start using the large number of music-making apps for iOS.
The DUO-CAPTURE mk2 has two audio inputs and two audio outputs, plus two headphone outputs so the musician and engineer can listen to the same session side by side. The jack input accepts a mic or any electronic musical instrument as well as guitars/basses when switched to Hi-Z mode.
- Small, convenient audio interface for mobile musicians
- Compatible with Mac and PC; iPad compatibility via Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit
- 1/4-inch MIC/GUITAR input with Hi-Z switch for directly connecting a guitar
- 1/8-inch stereo input; 1/8-inch and 1/4-inch dual headphone outputs
- Dedicated controls for input and output volume
- Low-latency ASIO (Windows) and Core Audio (Mac) drivers; input monitor function
- USB bus powered; no power supply needed
- Cakewalk SONAR X1 LE for Windows included
Audio & Video
- Number of Audio Record/Playback Channels
- Record: 1 pair of stereo Playback: 1 pair of stereo
- Signal Processing
- 24 bits
- Sampling Frequency
- 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Nominal Input Level
- LINE IN: -10 dBu MIC/GUITAR (Hi-Z button = ON): -25 dBu MIC/GUITAR (Hi-Z button = OFF): -45 dBu
- INPUT VOLUME slider OUTPUT VOLUME slider INPUT GAIN button Hi-Z button INPUT MONITOR button SAMPLE RATE switch COMP/TAB switch
- USB indicator PEAK indicator
- LINE IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type MIC/GUITAR jack: 1/4-inch phone type PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type PHONES (LINE OUT) jack: Stereo miniature phone type USB port: USB Type B
- Power Supply
- Supplied from the computer via USB
- Current Draw
- 96 mA
- Owner's Manual Driver CD-ROM Cakewalk SONAR LE DVD-ROM (for Windows) USB cable
- Size and Weight (main unit only)
- 81 mm
- 119 mm
- 31 mm
- 130 g
0 lbs. 5 oz.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.