If you own an acoustic kit, the BT-1 bar trigger pad offers an easy and affordable way to use electronics without jumping headfirst into the world of electronic drum kits. Once installed and connected to a sound source (such as the SPD-SX sampling pad), the BT-1 will enable you to play with new drum sounds or entire backing tracks, all from behind your trusty acoustic drum kit. The BT-1 can also be used to add more triggers to an existing V-Drums kit, saving space on the drum rack.
With a curved shape that mounts on the side of an acoustic drum or V-Drums pad, the BT-1 provides a convenient playing surface without the need to reconfigure your existing drum kit layout. The BT-1 is great for playing sounds in a Roland V-Drums module or SPD-series percussion pad, but it can also act as a controller for a variety of functions such as start/stop of backing songs, phrase loops, and much more.
The superior sensors within the BT-1 are tuned to eliminate crosstalk when playing surrounding drums – so you’ll only hear it when you hit it.
- Compact and reliable single-trigger pad
- A great way to add electronic triggering to any acoustic kit or additional triggering to a V-Drums set
- Curved shape for easy mounting on a V-Pad or acoustic drum kit
- Can be mounted to acoustic drums from 8 inch to 18 inch
- Easy to attach via a drum tension rod; attachment parts for standard rod-type mounts included
- Internal design eliminates vibration which causes false triggering while playing surrounding drums and pads
Adding electronics to acoustic drums
The BT-1 is an easy and affordable way to integrate electronics with your acoustic kit. Unlike large round pads and inconvenient foot switches the BT-1 blends seamlessly with your kit while increasing its capabilities. It can be mounted to your acoustic drums (from 8 inch to 18 inch diameter) or to any rod-type mount (from 8mm to 12.5mm).
Additional triggering for V-Drums kits
If you own a Roland V-Drums kit or SPD-series instrument, the compact BT-1 makes it simple to incorporate additional triggers without having to add more pads to your kit.
Add triggers without reconfiguring your set-up
Because the BT-1 can be mounted to your existing acoustic drums and V-Pads, you can easily add additional triggers without needing to move drums and cymbals to accommodate them. The compact design of the BT-1 provides a solid playing surface to continuously expand the expressive power of your Roland percussion rig.
Audio & Video
Take a guided tour of the BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad.
V-Drums® Hybrid Sets
Learn the basics of building a hybrid set utilizing Roland's latest technology. See how to integrate electronics into your drum kit.
BT-1 Sarah Jones Demo
Drummer Sarah Jones (Hot Chip, Bat For Lashes) shows how she incorporates electronic percussion into her acoustic drum kit to create a hybrid setup.
- OUTPUT jack (Stereo 1/4" phone type)
- Owner's manual Attachment Attachment bolt Spacer Connection cable (stereo)
- Supported V-Drums pads
- PD-128S PD-128 PD-108 PD-125 PD-105 PDX-100 PD-85
- Acceptable rod diameters
- 8.0‒12.5 mm (3/8‒1/2 inch)
- Options (sold separately)
- Pad Mount (MDH series)
- Size and Weight
- 170 mm
- 53 mm
- 60 mm
- 300 g
0 lbs. 11 oz.
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.