The new BOSS BC-2 generates a classic “AC-inspired” British combo-amp tone in a compact pedal, but that’s just the starting point. With a single knob, you can instantly control a variety of sound-character parameters, and quickly tap into a full spectrum of tone. Achieve the perfect vintage sound or dial into higher gain or cleaner tone across a wider frequency range than the classic amp could provide on its own. The BC-2 also offers a natural and dynamic response to your picking nuances at any setting. This easy-to-use yet technically complex pedal takes you from authentic vintage tone to expanded new-generation performance and sound.
- Wide range of tones with a single knob —from classic crisp clean and punchy crunch to creamy overdrive with long sustain and beyond
- Natural and dynamic response to picking nuance at any knob position
- Provides warm combo tones and authentic combo-amp cabinet resonance
The SOUND knob adjusts multiple parameters simultaneously across a range of zones. Smoothly transition from fat and clean tone in left zone to high-impact crunch in the upper zone and high-gain distortion in the right zone. Find the perfect classic setting or go beyond previous limits. Crank the SOUND knob to the DRIVE position, for example, and get a creamier high-gain tone than the classic combo could provide, as if you were driving the amp with an external booster. Likewise, if you turn the knob to the CLEAN position, you can clean up the tone across a wider frequency range than the original amp could deliver. A universe of great tone is as simple as a single knob twist.
EQ and LEVEL Knobs
Dedicated EQ knobs are provided for instantly sculpting your tone. The BASS knob provides direct control of the lower-frequency range; the TREBLE knob provides control of upper frequencies. A master LEVEL knob controls the overall volume of the pedal when it is turned on.
The INPUT jack accepts signals from a guitar, another musical instrument, or another effect unit. This jack also doubles as the power switch. Power to the unit is turned on when you plug into the INPUT jack; the power is turned off when the cable is unplugged.
BOSS compact pedals are world-famous for their great sound as well as their road-tough construction, consistency, and reliability. The BC-2 inherits this BOSS-proven design, offering guitarists a solidly constructed pedal that's built to withstand decades of demanding use.
Audio & Video
- Nominal Input Level
- -20 dBu
- Input Impedance
- 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level
- -20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance
- 10 k ohms or greater
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V: Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22)/Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), AC Adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw
- 45 mA (DC 9 V) * Expected battery life under continuous use: Carbon: 2.5 hours Alkaline: 9 hours These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner’s Manual, Leaflet (“USING THE UNIT SAFELY,” “IMPORTANT NOTES,” and “Information”), Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Option(sold separately)
- AC adaptor (PSA series)
- Size and Weight
- 73 mm
- 129 mm
- 59 mm
- 440 g
0 lbs. 16 oz.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.