3-Hours of Stereo Recording in a Stomp box
The RC-3 is powerfully equipped yet conveniently housed in a compact pedal. Enjoy up to three hours of stereo recording time, storage for 99 loops, a "real drums" rhythm guide, and USB 2.0 compatibility all in a small BOSS stomp box!
- Compact and powerful stereo stomp box looper
- Massive internal memory with up to three hours of stereo recording time
- 99 onboard memories for storing loops
- USB 2.0 port allows you to connect to a PC and import/export WAV audio
- Rhythm guide with real drums
- Runs on a single 9-volt battery or optional AC power supply
The RC-3 provides three hours of stereo recording capacity direct to internal memory. Now you can record long phrases without worrying about memory. 99 memory locations let you save as many phrases or ideas as you can create. Guitarists who want to incorporate external stereo effects devices will appreciate the true stereo I/O on the RC-3.
The Auto Recording feature starts recording the moment you begin playing your guitar, or as soon as you start a connected audio player. Count-In mode gives you one-bar of rhythm before recording starts. You can Undo/Redo as you go. The sky's the limit with three hours of recording time!
To keep your loops tight and in time, you can play along with one of the basic rhythm patterns in the RC-3's on-board library as you record. Ten types of rhythm types are provided, including Rock, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, and Latin. A dedicated knob lets you adjust the volume of the rhythm, and you can set the tempo via tap tempo. You can also specify the time signature. When you save a phrase, the rhythm type and time signature will also be saved.
You can connect the RC-3 to your computer via a standard USB cable, and back up your RC-3 recordings to your computer for safekeeping. You can also load WAV files from your computer directly into the RC-3. The RC-3 accepts 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files of up to 1.7GB in size.
In addition to recording your guitar or bass performances and turning them into playable loops, you can also record other external stereo audio sources via the RC-3's AUX IN. Sound from a digital-audio player connected to the AUX input, for example, can easily be recorded and made into a loop.
Audio & Video
- Nominal Input Level
- INPUT: -20 dBu AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance
- INPUT: 1 M ohm AUX IN: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- -20 dBu
- Output Impedance
- 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance
- 10 k ohms or greater
- Maximum Recording Time: Approximately 3 hours Maximum Phrase Memory: 99 phrases Number of tracks: 1 Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
- Rhythm Type
- Hi-Hat, Kick & Hi-Hat, Rock 1, Rock 2, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R & B, Latin, Percussion
- USB Interface
- Hi-Speed USB mass storage device class
- Pedal switch LOOP OUTPUT knob RHYTHM OUTPUT knob DOWN button UP button WRITE button RHYTHM ON/OFF button TAP TEMPO button
- REC, PLAY (DUB) indicator
- 7 segments, 2 characters (LED)
- INPUT A Jack: 1/4" phone type INPUT B Jack: 1/4" phone type AUX IN Jack: Stereo miniature phone type OUTPUT A Jack: 1/4" phone type OUTPUT B Jack: 1/4" phone type STOP/MEMORY SHIFT Jack: 1/4" TRS phone type USB Connector DC IN Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61) AC Adaptor (PSA series: sold separately) * Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries cannot be used.
- Current Draw
- 70 mA (DC 9 V)
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61): Approx. 3 hours These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Included Accessories
- Owner's Manual Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information") Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61): already installed in unit
- Options (sold separately)
- AC Adaptor (PSA series) Footswitch (FS-5U, FS-6)
- Size and Weight
- 73 mm
- 129 mm
- 59 mm
- 450 g
0 lbs. 16 oz.
- Weight including battery
- 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- The battery that was supplied with the unit is for temporary use, intended primarily for testing the unit's operation. We suggest replacing this with an alkaline dry cell.
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.