The Mobile Studio Canvas is the new solution package for music production from Cakewalk. It includes the Roland SD-50 Sound Module and Cakewalk’s SONAR 8.5 LE DAW Software.
- Compact, portable USB Bus powered Audio & MIDI solution, perfect for laptop and mobile use
- 128 polyphony, 1,125 GM2/GS/SD-50 Solo Tones and 32 drum sets
- Features SD-50 Solo Tones including Shakuhachi, Trombone, and Violin
- 2-in/2-out, 24-bit/44.1 kHz audio interface with XLR/.” inputs/Phantom Power/Hi-Z input, 1 x 1 MIDI interface, and V-LINK support
- Built-in hardware DSP FX for Reverb, Chorus, and Mastering
- USB memory drive for quick playback of MP3/WAV/AIFF/MIDI files
- Enhanced Transport Controls for file playback including the ability to change keys, tempos, A/B Loop, Repeat, Center Cancel (for Karaoke) and more
- Powered by AC Adaptor, USB bus power, or batteries
- Compatible with Windows and Mac computers — Includes SONAR 8.5 LE recording software (Windows only)
The SONAR 8.5 LE has been designed to provide a simple yet complete solution for music production. With support for up to 32 tracks and 24 track effects, 8 physical in/outs at 24bit/96kHz, SONAR LE will help you take full advantage of your digital audio and MIDI hardware. SONAR 8.5 LE offers a taste of the tools that make SONAR 8.5 Studio/Producer the best in the business. It includes new instruments and effects, and is Windows 7 and Windows Vista ready!
Superb Sounds Designed by Roland
The included Roland SD-50 sound module will be your go to sound source, no matter what style of music you are performing or producing. The result of over 30 years of Roland synthesizer and sound module development, the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas provides 1,125 total sounds with up to 128 voice polyphony, including GM2, GS and three of Roland’s hyper-realistic Solo Tones, including Shakuhachi, Violin, and Trombone, as well as 32 drum sets; plus built-in hardware DSP FX for Reverb, Chorus, and Mastering.
Audio & MIDI Interface
Furthering its offering as a complete solution for music production, the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas is also a high quality audio and MIDI interface for Mac and Windows. Capture your ideas with 2-in/2-out performance at 24-bit/44.1 kHz audio quality. Plug your phantom-powered mics into the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas’s XLR inputs to record vocals and other instruments, or plug into the Hi-Z input to get superior sound when recording electric guitar or bass. Plus with V-Link support you can add a whole new dimension to your productions through integration with V-Link compatible video hardware.
Versatile File Playback Options
Leave the computer at home and playback your backing tracks or music on the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas. Simply load standard MIDI files or MP3/WAV/AIFF audio onto a USB Memory Drive, plug it in to the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas’s USB port, then hit play—it’s that easy. Enhanced Transport Controls give you the ability to change keys, tempos, A/B Loop, Repeat, Center Cancel (for Karaoke) and much more. The Mobile Studio Canvas also includes a Play List editor for Mac and Windows.
Studio or Sound Playback on the Go
The compact and portable Roland Mobile Studio Canvas offers the versatility of 3 power supply options, so you can have your music anywhere you want it. Plug into any laptop or netbook for USB bus power, power the Roland Mobile Studio Canvas from 6 AA batteries, or use the included AC Adaptor.
A Complete Studio
The Mobile Studio Canvas includes SONAR LE music production software for Windows. SONAR LE provides easy tools to record, edit, and mix your music (see specifications for more details). The Roland Mobile Studio Canvas also makes a perfect sound module and audio interface for wide variety of software on Mac or PC.
Audio & Video
- Sound Generator Section
- 16 parts
- Maximum Polyphony
- 128 voices
- Wave Memory
- 128 M bytes (16-bit linear equivalent)
- Internal Sounds
- Preset Sounds: 1,125 Tones, Rhythm Sets: 32 *3 Solo tones and GM2/GS compatible sounds are included.
- User Memory
- Studio Sets: 3
- Reverb, Chorus, Mastering
- Audio Interface Section
- Number of Audio Input/Output Channels
- Input: 1 pair of stereo (MIC, GUITAR: Monaural/LINE: Stereo), Output: 1 pair of stereo
- Signal Processing
- USB Audio: 16 bits / 24 bits, AD/DA Conversion: 24 bits
- Sampling Frequency
- USB Audio: 44.1 kHz, AD/DA Conversion: 44.1 kHz
- Nominal Input Level
- Input jack (MIC/GUITAR/LINE (L) ) Mic: -50 to -30 dBu, Guitar: -30 to -10 dBu, Line: -30 to +4 dBu
- Nominal Output Level
- Output jacks: 0 dBu
- SMF/Audio File Player Sectioin
- File Format
- Standard MIDI File: format-0/1, Audio File: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- 122 x 32 dots LCD display
- Jacks and Connectors
- MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT), Input jack (Stereo Mini), Output jacks (Stereo RCA-PIN), Headphone jack (Stereo Mini), MIC Input jack (XLR type, phantom power available), MIC/Guiter Input jack (1/4 inch phone type, Hi-Z available), USB Connector: COMPUTER (supports USB 2.0 Full-Speed USB MIDI and USB Audio), USB Connector: MEMORY (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Memory)
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V (AC Adaptor), Battery (AAx6, ALKALIN or Ni-MH), USB Bus power available
- Current Draw
- 450 mA (Bus power), 350 mA (AC Adaptor, Battery) * Battery life for continuous use (differs depending on the conditions of use) Ni-MH battery: approximately 4 hours Alkaline battery: approximately 3 hours
- Owner's Manual, USB Cable, DVD-ROM (USB Driver, SONAR LE), AC Adaptor (PSB-1U), Power Cord
- USB Memory: M-UF2G
- Size and Weight (excluding batteries)
- 250 mm
- 167 mm
- 55 mm
- 800 g
1 lbs. 13 oz.
- 0 dBu = 0.775 V rms
Updates & Drivers
If you have questions about operating your Roland or BOSS product, please log in to MyRoland where you can log an enquiry with one of our product specialists.