100th Boss pedal uses Multi-Dimensional Processing technology
What is it?
The Boss TE-2 Tera Echo is a compact pedal for ambience effects, and features a new technology called MDP (or Multi-Dimensional Processing). It’s also the 100th pedal in the Boss stomp box series.
How does it work?
The MDP technology in the TE-2 works by analysing audio signals using a variety of factors (or dimensions) and then applying different effect levels to each stage. The end result is a bold, new sound with a previously unattainable range of expression and dynamic response.
But you don’t need to worry too much about how it works, and you definitely don’t need yet another acronym in your life, so just listen to how it sounds and what it can do for your music – which is where it gets really exciting.
The TE-2 also produces ambience effects that go far beyond traditional reverb and delay processing. MDP produces an incredibly deep and spacious sound, dramatically enhancing the straight guitar tone without overwhelming it.
With familiar stompbox controls and highly-sensitive dynamics, an extremely wide range of inspiring sounds can be achieved. By using the Freeze function, you can even hold (or sustain) the current effect sound for lead backing and unique sound effects.
As always, it’s far easier to actually hear something rather than just reading about it, so check out the video below and trust your ears.
TE-2 Tera-Echo pedal: in brief
- Dynamic, Rich, spacious echo and ambience effects
- Dramatically enhances your tone with its unique effect, without overwhelming it
- Freeze function holds the ambient sound for lead backing and sound effects
- Highly responsive to volume changes and playing dynamics
- Wide range of sound adjustment with simple controls
- Next-generation BOSS compact pedal with innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing, using proprietary technology and custom DSP
- Mono/stereo input and output
For more information, visit www.RolandConnect.com.
Also, check out the world-exclusive review on Sonicstate.com